Beach Club Attendant (Dive Instructor/Coxswain) – Lizard Island Resort
Casual | Marine & Dive | QLD
Applications close 29-02-2024
Delaware North are currently seeking a Beach Club Attendant with either Coxswain and/or Dive Instructor experience to join our Activities Team at our Lizard Island Resort, located at the 5 star property on the World Heritage Listed Great Barrier Reef.
We are the northern-most resort on the Great Barrier Reef, and a luxury lodge of Australia, Lizard Island is a truly serene property just away from the rest of the world. This is just one wonderful Lizard Island facts that makes it like nowhere else. Add 24 private beaches, and with only 40 suites and villas, that means a private beach for every guest, couple or group and still room for the staff to enjoy!
Working within the activities and marine division, you will participate and assist in all boating operations from tour preparations, providing beach-side guest inductions, water transport services and servicing our vessels. As a coxswain, you will undertake numerous passenger tours, trips, and guest liaison activities, while sustaining the consistency, quality and integrity of the resort product and guest services.
If you possess a Dive Master/Diver Instructor and/or Coxswains certificate and the relevant medical & insurance coverage, this could be the perfect role for you.
This is a physical role and will support all operations of our Activities team.
- Operate marine vehicles to transport guest and team members and tours
- Ensuring the consistency, quality and integrity of the delivery of guest service related to the activities function
- Undertake a combination of meeting and greeting incoming and outgoing guests, conducting tours, activities and property transfers
- Support the implementation of plans/strategies to improve speed of service and operational efficiencies
- Maintain a safe work environment by assisting with implementation of OH&S policies and procedures
- Ensure guests are served in a timely manner
- Create special experiences one guest at a time.
- Maintaining and creating a strong commitment to a collaborative team environment
- Ensure adherence to Delaware North Policies and Procedures and Code of Conduct.
Essential Certification and Licence Requirements:
- Certificate of Competency – Full Grade 1 Coxswain (No restrictions) or higher
- Long Range Operator Certificate of Proficiency (LROCP)
- Current Responsible Service of Alcohol (QLD recognised)
- Provide Advanced Resuscitation (HLTAID 015) & Oxygen Therapy Certificate (HLTAID 009) (both essential)
- Manual driver’s license
The successful candidates will have:
- Maintaining marine equipment
- Knowledge of the marine/park environment (ie Great Barrier Reef and Coral reef systems)
- Knowledge of island/resort flora, fauna and bird and animal life
- Marine and dive industry knowledge
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated ability to organise and prioritise daily tasks and work with minimal supervision.
- Fishing guide experience (desirable but not essential)
- PADI instructor certification (desirable but not essential)
- AS 2299 diving medical certificate (QLD recognised)
- Valid Padi Diving Insurance
- PADI membership
This opportunity requires you live onsite, we appreciate that living in a remote location for an extended period might not suit everyone, so carefully consider the reality of such an experience. In return, we present an unparalleled working environment complemented by amazing remote area perks such as low living expenses, discounted holidays, and extraordinary marine adventures. This opportunity is not to be missed, apply now!
If you are resilient, team orientated, guest Focused with good attention to detail and a commitment to personal and professional development, we’d love to hear from you.
Employment is subject to a satisfactory National Criminal Record Check.
Applications close 29-02-2024