Kitchen Supervisor (Sous Chef) – Auckland Airport
Full Time | Culinary | New Zealand
Applications close 02-03-2024
Delaware North is a market leader in the catering and hospitality industry with a portfolio spanning across sporting stadiums, airports, leisure and entertainment venues across Australia and New Zealand.
Our Auckland Airport operations have an exciting opportunity for a full-time Kitchen Supervisor (Sous Chef). In this role, you will to lead our kitchen brigade to produce an excellent standard of food quality and presentation; and ensure the kitchen and storage areas are kept in a clean and hygienic manner. We seek a team player with a profound love for cuisine, who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
About the Role
- Oversee kitchen operations with effective leadership, ensuring highly efficient service delivery to customers
- Prepare and cook menu items in adherence to guidelines and set standards while maintaining the target cost of goods
- Cultivate and sustain professional relationships with internal departments and external suppliers
- Proactively engage and educate team members, fostering learning and development, and maintaining high motivation levels through effective leadership and communication
- Ensure staff consistently deliver quality products and service standards
- Plan menus, estimate food and labor costs, and place food supply orders
- Collaborate with the Head Chef in establishing, executing, and evaluating food service standards
- Monitor the quality of dishes at all stages of preparation and presentation
- Address food preparation issues with managers, kitchen, and waiting staff
- Demonstrate techniques and provide advice on cooking procedures
- Preparing and cooking food
- Enforce and explain hygiene regulations
- We are a seven day a week operation so you must have flexibility across a 7 days a week roster including days, evenings, weekends and public holidays
- A proven track record of effectively managing large-scale kitchen operations, with experience in hotel functions being highly regarded. Venue/event experience is a significant plus
- Proficiency in menu development and inventory control
- Relevant culinary qualifications and/or hands-on experience
- Creative and passionate about food and committed to delivering exceptional food service
- Competence in using business technology such as stock control systems, spreadsheets, and accounting systems
- Exceptional communication skills across all levels
- A strong team player with the ability to mentor and develop our culinary team members
- A positive attitude and the ability to excel under pressure
- Completion of an apprenticeship or an equivalent qualification e.g. Diploma in Professional Cookery Level 5
- Food Safety Certificate
- Minimum 2-3 years monitoring food and labour cost, menu development and costing.
- A proven background in ordering and inventory procedures including cost controls, and handling invoices.
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive hourly rate: $28.41 to $31.61
- We are accredited to offer sponsorship to foreign applicants
To review the Position Description, please copy and paste the link below into your browser: https://careers.delawarenorth.com.au/job/kitchen-supervisor-sous-chef-auckland-airport-1497/
About the Company:
Delaware North is a global hospitality and entertainment company with significant operations in New Zealand and Australia for more than 30 years. In New Zealand, we operate Pinewood Lodge in Queenstown, 9 food and beverage outlets at Auckland domestic and international airport terminals and Sky Stadium in Wellington.
Delaware North has operated food and beverage services at Auckland Airport since 2018. Since taking over, we have introduced eight new restaurant concepts: 400 Gradi, Better Burger, Mexico, Best Ugly Bagels, Orleans Chicken & Waffles, Tea Garden by Dilmah, Blue Marble Lane and Oma Artisan Bakery & Café. Auckland Airport is the largest and busiest airport in New Zealand!
Applications close 02-03-2024