Restaurant Manager & Assistant Restaurant Manager – Melbourne Cricket Ground
Casual | Food & Beverage | VIC
Applications close 03-03-2024
Casual Restaurant Manager & Assistant Restaurant Manager – Melbourne Cricket Ground
Delaware North is a global hospitality and entertainment company with significant operations in Australia for more than 30 years. With a capacity of more than 100,000, the MCG is the largest sporting stadium in the Southern Hemisphere. It hosts several Australian Football League (AFL) teams, as well as cricket matches, concerts, other special events and non-event-day functions.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for seasoned hospitality leaders to lead our prestigious Tom Wills and Members Dining Room at the MCG. Your remit will be to oversee a diverse casual team to service excellence through feedback, support and training while guaranteeing an exceptional experience to the MCC members-based customers.
About the positions and spaces:
Tom Wills Brasserie is a premium a la carte French Restaurant at the MCG. Catering to Medallion Club Members and their guests, Tom Wills offers a modern fine dining experience pre, during and post-match. With the capacity of 130 guests, we have the ability to cater to a variety of table sizes and covers within the space. We are seeking a Restaurant Manager for this space.
With views across the MCG ground and the city, Members Dining Room is available for MCC members to book during event days and has a 3-course a-la-carte offering for up to 450 pax. We are seeking an Assistant Restaurant Manager for this space.
The following skills will be highly regarded:
- Restaurant Management experience in a premium a-la-carte setting
- French restaurant experience desirable (Tom Wills)
- Previous experience with member-based clientele or VIPs highly regarded
- Wine knowledge strongly desired
- A commitment to service excellence
- Demonstrated experience as a leader where you can remedy performance issues and ensure support and high levels of staff engagement
- The ability to motivate and empower a team in an ever-changing environment
- Exceptional attention to detail
- High level organisation and time management skills
- The ability to think on your feet and forward plan
- Availability to commit to the 2024 AFL season match days, which includes weekends, Friday nights and periodic Thursday night matches
What we offer:
- A highly competitive casual hourly rate and staff benefits
- Ongoing training and development
- The opportunity to manage the most prestigious dining rooms in an iconic stadium
- Discounted staff meals while on shift
- Fantastic career opportunities in a global company
This is an opportunity to join a fantastic team and work at one of the most recognised venues in the world. If you think you have what it takes and would like to hear more about the role, apply now!
We are looking for an immediate start
Applications close 03-03-2024