Venue Manager (Bar Manager), Stomping Ground – Melbourne Airport
Full Time | Food & Beverage | VIC
Applications close 29-02-2024
Stomping Ground, at Melbourne Airport showcases a wide variety of Stomping Ground Brewing Co beers, some of which are brewed on location, Victorian wines, cider and locally produced soft drinks. This very unique site is the first working brewery within an Australian airport. This venue also offers incredible culinary experiences for our thirsty travellers.
We are on the hunt for a Venue Manager or Assistant Bar Manager ready to take the next step in their career, to join our bustling venue at Melbourne Airport. This role reports to the Operations Manager – Bars.
This is a unique opportunity to work at the forefront of an independent beer and food brand in a friendly and professional environment. You will be working in an all-day eatery venue that is the ideal pit stop for an early morning coffee, breakfast, eat in or takeaway lunch or dinner, with a large variety of craft beer that pairs perfectly with the menu.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrated experience leading your own hospitality team and venue
- Strong background in bar operations
- A strong work ethic, reliable, and passionate about hospitality
- A great interest for the craft beer industry
- Barista expereience desired but not essential
- Extensive knowledge of liquor, bartending and service protocols
- Positive outlook and strong team player, with the ability to build team morale
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Effective management of the outlet in order to meet strategic and financial goals
- Strong focus on guest satisfaction through the delivery of exceptional customer service
- Lead, develop and engage a team to exceed the expectations of our customers
- Work within financial targets including budgets, stock control and labour
- Ensure compliance, food safety and operational standards are met
- Qualification in Hospitality Management highly regarded
- Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) Certificate or willing to obtain
- Food Safety Certificate or willing to obtain
The successful candidate must commit to a variety of shifts over a 7 day a week roster including morning, days, and nights
Great Benefits on Offer:
- FREE Car parking
- FREE Airport Security pass valid for 24 months
- Daily meal allowance
Working With Us
Successful candidates will run a busy outlet at Melbourne Airport – catering to the appetites of hungry travellers. This is an opportunity to join a fantastic team and work at one of the busiest airports in Australia.
Delaware North is a market leader in the catering and hospitality industry with a portfolio spanning: sporting stadiums, airports, leisure and entertainment venues across Australia and New Zealand.
Your career with Delaware North can lead to long term opportunities to grow globally with a leader in hospitality – your career opportunities are endless!
If you think you have what it takes APPLY NOW!
Applications close 29-02-2024